www.hantsmoths.org.uk

wordpress statistics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:48 pm 

Sorry to hear about your injury Mike. We both wish you well & a speedy recovery; this time of year seems full of mis-haps, perhaps the commercial world puts too much pressure on people. We wish every-one on Moth Talk a happy season, & a New Year that fulfills hopes for all. :) Jean & Graham

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:38 pm 

Dont worry Jean, he can call himself a proper cyclist now he's done a collarbone ;) , just a thought but the Essex Field Club have a Forum on their Website but its unlike most, see link, click on post your news, then your forum and basically you get a rolling page of posts, no idea if its easier than what we have already but it suits a lower volume of posts.
Happy xmas all.
Steve.
http://www.essexfieldclub.org.uk/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:02 am 

Happy Christmas to Mike and all the wonderful folk who use all these forums. Having had to troll through so many moth websites I have to say this is one of the easiest to use and I get to read what I want to say. Only one other has a very useful addition being to find out locations and flight times by just putting in the Bradley & Fletcher number. The main issue is the spam stuff which poor mike has to sort. Anyway all interesting stuff. Bet Mike did not get the fractured collarbone from dissenting micros. Poor Chap how is he going to unwrap all his presents.

Happy Christmas chums Just going to put the trap on tonight as the temperature is so high. Watch this space. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

J&G wrote:
Sorry to hear about your injury Mike. We both wish you well & a speedy recovery; this time of year seems full of mis-haps, perhaps the commercial world puts too much pressure on people. Jean & Graham

Not sure what the commercial world's got to do with it, Jean, other than I was on my way to work; getting pushed off the road by some twat at 30-40kmh on a bike tends to end in hurt! Op was Tuesday - in case anyone's interested here's a couple of pics of me beforehand (I've got a hairline fracture above left eye, too). The red dotted line shows where a lasso has been attached to draw all the bits together :)

Mike

Attachments:
DSCF7128_1.JPG
DSCF7128_1.JPG [ 80.23 KiB | Viewed 2382 times ]
DSCF7125-1.JPG
DSCF7125-1.JPG [ 94.87 KiB | Viewed 2381 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:02 pm 

Ouch, i assume you cycle in the dark?, its a tough sport cycling see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYPDAry-A-s and dont forget to vote for Mark Cavendish tonight, he is at the top of his game, he is the most respected British sportsman in Europe and he actually has a personality.
Hope the recovery is swift, oh and more importantly hows the Bike :lol:
Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:27 pm 

OMG......!!!!!!!! it looks exceedingly painful to say the least. I wish you a rapid painfree healing few weeks but it sounds like it could be months,keep the morphine dose up is my suggestion!

some of my moth pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lapommangels/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:44 pm 

Get well soon Mike! Hope the person who pushed you of the road stopped !!??
Thanks for all the IDs recently been extremely helpful, now just too add the whole years worth onto mapmate!

Justin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Steve, yes i cycle in the dark but am fully lit up and reflective. Cavendish already has my vote - it should be a no-brainer given the candidates he's up against. As the video shows, at least i didn't go thru a barbed wire fence like Hoogerland did. People think we're mad, Steve, but this isn't going to stop me cycling.

Justin, no they didn't stop. I remember hitting the road, then the next thing I recall is sitting on the verge, clutching my left arm and wondering where the blood on the grass below me was coming from! I was found by an off-duty WPC who called the emergency services. Can't thank them enough - the paramedic and the ambulance staff were fantastic. Please get your records in asap so we can verify them and start writing the annual report - deadline is ideally end of the year.

Carol, I'm reducing the morphine as the pain is subsiding. I'm told that the sling might be able to come off in a couple of weeks, after which I can start light physio - nothing heavier than a pint though, according to the orthopaedic consultant who looked after me!

Thanks all for your kind thoughts, happy xmas and merry new year!

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am 

The pint will be best put in the other hand Mike ;)

By the time you can get back on your bike the mornings will be much lighter.

BTW the 'commercial pressure' remark is about how people get stressed at Christmas (not least financially), & behave out of character at times - they also drive like idiots! :x

Hope you & the family have a good time during the holiday & may the New Year bring you re-newal.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON MOTH TALK. Jean & Graham

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Cheers Jean - I suspect this idiot was either drunk or distracted, not malicious (I hope)

Mike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next